Sunday, February 2, 2020

February 2

What I was trying to say yesterday about The Good Place is I found it so affecting because I have been ready to go, for some time, if I am being totally honest. The only things I live for are my two cats. I do not talk to anyone in my family anymore, the few friends I do have would be sad if I was gone but they would get over it, and I have spent the last decade trying to find someone to love (and who would love me) and instead have had a succession of emotionally unavailable and highly manipulative women come through the door whose prime interest in me has been money and not affection. I hate my dead-end job but I cannot afford to quit it. I go through the motions of life every day without actually living. To borrow from Eleanor Shellstrop, THIS is the Bad Place.

Follow me on Twitter (while you can) - @scarylawyerguy 

1 comment:

  1. This post worries me. Are you okay? Still seeing a therapist? Still hoping things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete