Tuesday, February 11, 2020

February 11

A dispatch from dating in 2020: Yesterday, I matched with a woman on Tinder. She works in my building (which is large) and is tall, 6 foot 1. Her profile noted that she preferred men 6 feet or taller (which is fine because women are allowed to make demands on men's appearance but not the other way around, those are just the rules) but otherwise she has a cat and likes New York (same and same).

After we matched, I sent a message, prefaced up front that I did not meet the height requirement for the ride and also noted that I thought she looked familiar and was pretty sure we worked in the same building.

Her response was to thank me for my honesty but because we worked in the same building (not the height thing, which would have been totally reasonable and which I flagged for that purpose!), we should probably not proceed. Apparently, being in close physical proximity to someone is a bad thing if you want to, you know DATE THEM and now I am like, maybe I WILL adopt that third cat .... I swear to fucking God.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment