Tuesday, August 20, 2019

August 20

I woke up at 3:30 this morning. Once upon a time, if I had an intense work out at the gym, as I did last night, I would be dead to the world until 6:30, maybe even 7 o'clock. Now, not so much. I wish I could pin it down to one reason, but it is a combination of things, I suppose. Part of it is just getting older and not "needing" as much sleep. Part of it is my anxiety, which is always high but has been particularly so the past few weeks. Part of it is the cats and their tendency to be ok for a few hours and then get in a little scrap that wakes me up. Part of it is my wonky bladder (another age-related problem, I suppose).

Anyway, I went to the grocery store this morning before work. It is always weird being in a place like a grocery store at an early hour. It is some combination of laborers stocking the shelves, people on the way to work (my store has a Dunkin' Donuts in it), and oddballs like me. I will be asleep before 9 tonight, hopefully I make it through until the morning ...

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment