Monday, August 19, 2019

August 19

Today is my 9th anniversary on Twitter. Technically, I joined on August 16th, but I did not send my first tweet until August 19th. Anyway, over the ensuring years, a lot has happened in my own life and in the lives of the people I follow. Some have gotten married and had kids, others have gotten divorced (and found new love, some are still looking (like me!)). Still others have moved or changed jobs. A few have passed away. In short, this thing called life has happened, scrolling before my eyes, one tweet at a time. Since 2010, I have come to "know" a few people who I would like to tell you about because, whether they know it or not, they have made my life a better and more interesting place.

In no particular order ....

@Kelebration because every now and again, you send me a DM that makes it a little easier to make it through the day
@Kennymack1971 because I admire your no-fucks-to-give attitude (even if you are a Cowboys fan)
@Maddiesaywhat because you are a bad ass in the gym and the classroom and if I had daughters I would want them to grow up to be like you
@Sarahsolfails because you are droll and witty, fond of preppy fashion and your book was brilliant
@imcosta1 because right around the middle of the day, you scroll my timeline and favorite a bunch of my tweets
@winelibrarian because I am really happy you met @floopjack
@bosoxgaltori because you know my blog archive better than I do and you write nice messages to me on it
@deathmedieval because a daily tweet about the random deaths of people in the middle ages is sheer genius
@ ZiziFothSi because you are a fellow Jew, cat lover, and a redhead. Which is like the trifecta for me
@Jessica_Effect because you leaven your cyncicism with just the right amount of humor
@Hogspy because I have to close my office door when you do your daily retweets
@mainlinehousewife because you puncture the artifice of upper middle class suburban life
@surlyspice & @helgagrace because you two are my favorite couple on Twitter
@beakfinch because we share the dating life struggle, I live vicariously through your travel exploits, and your fur children are adorable
@heidiknits because you are a good mom who does a great job of juggling everything in your life 
@atmedogs because I think you’re “zeebs” but changed your handle and live the DC BIG LAW life with panache and good cheer

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment